A few days ago, we were up at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, West Beach. We had such a beautiful day to go exploring the Succession Trail. It begins in the sand, which for me, is the most difficult surface to walk. Then you have a huge set of stairs to climb. But once you make it to the top, the view is spectacular, so worth the effort. After taking in the view, we headed down another set of stairs into the woods. We walked through the woods for a little while, then started back towards the lake and more sand. Once you make it through that last bit of sand, the reward is waiting, Lake Michigan! Thankfully, my knee did not give my any troubles after the walk. I felt so happy after this hike, knowing that I could do it.
It looks so pretty. What a fun area. I haven't been to the dunes in years. It's always been fun.
ReplyDelete