Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wherein Summer Returns Briefly

What a glorious week of sunshine and warmer weather we have been having here!  That has meant that my bike has come off the inside trainer and we have been out each day for half an hour ride.  It is just enough for our busy school days.  My goal is to ride a comfortable 20 miles this week.  I am at 13 miles as of today.

My knee is perfectly happy with this arrangement, as well.  I still keep it taped with the wonderful KT tape.  I tried taking it off and it felt so achy the next day.  That is OK.  I will keep it taped for the time being.  I am just so thankful that it seems to be healing.

In other news, I have found myself relaxing a bit on my eating.  I have been experimenting with a lower glycemic diet, not totally low carb or Trim Healthy Mama.  I seem to be doing OK, and I enjoy not having to work as hard to plan my menus. My goal is to eat without having to think all the time about what I am going to eat.  That takes up a lot of energy.  I usually have good choices on hand, so it should not be that hard if I am set up to be successful.

Here is a non-scale victory! I got through Halloween without eating a bit of the candy that is everywhere around my house.  I had my own Lily's chocolate to satisfy my candy need.  And it really does the job.  I limit myself to two bars a week, as it is quite expensive.  For Thanksgiving, I am going to buy some sugar-free candy from Fannie May.  I have found that just a small amount of these types of treats are enough to keep me on the lower carb path that I find so beneficial.

The yummy birthday cake that my mom made me for my birthday.  Thanks, Mom! 

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, YOU LOOK NOTHING LIKE THE AGE ON THAT CAKE... Ya need to replace that 4 with a 3 my sweet blogger sista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture, Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.