A few weeks ago my sweet mom upgraded her Fit Bit and gave me her old one. It is not perfect, of course, it sometimes misses steps and stairs, but it does motivate me to move more. I find myself watching my numbers and if I have not reached the number that makes me happy, I get up and move. I set my daily goal really low so that I know I can do the bare minimum of steps a day, avoiding frustration from a goal that is too high for the day's activities. I really have to work at it to reach my real goal of 8-10K a day. I was not really looking to get a Fit Bit, but since one came my way, I am reaping the benefits! It has been helpful in this summer heat and humidity. I can pop in a walking DVD and the steps mount up! I must confess that this heat and humidity has put a big damper on my bike riding. That is no excuse, really because I have a bike set up inside as well. I am working on that!
I haven't used a Fit Bit yet, glad you got one. I'm happy to finally be moving more after having a summer of recovery and I'm really enjoying my bike. I'm sure with the cooler weather you will be able to get out more. :)
ReplyDelete