Tuesday, December 27, 2016
2017 Goals
I almost hate to post about goals this time of the year but can't help find myself thinking of the new year and what else comes to mind, but goals. I have to say that I am happy with my current activity level. And there is always room for improvement with my eating goals. I desire to be an intuitive eater and I wish to move in ways that I find enjoyable, not punishing. That is the bottom line.
So... I would love to continue in the way that I have been going and add on some small obtainable goals to boot. Right now my goal is to walk 8k steps a day, 5 days a week. I would love to inch that up to 10k in the next year.
Since right now 8k is easy to do 5 days a week and I usually average over 50k a week, I think my new goal should be 8.5k steps a day and try to do that 6 days a week. The weekend takes extra effort to get over 5k steps a day. I feel busy on the weekends, but I must not be as active as I think.
When the weather cooperates, I would love to walk more outside and ride my bike. I think I will set a goal for walking outside once a week when the temperatures are above freezing or close enough. As for my bike, I will ride it once a week on the trainer, until it becomes warm enough to ride outside. At that time, I will make new goals. Keeping on my bike this winter will really help my spring goals for my bike. I plan to ride and walk more in 2017.
As for food, I want to finish reading Eat Q: Unlock the Weightloss Power of Emotional Intelligence by Susan Albers. I started it back in July. I would like to read more books that encourage body positive ideas. I will need to do some research on that.
I also want to make an effort to eat my vegetables. I like vegetables. I am just lazy at making sure that I get enough variety. That is a simple thing that I can do to improve my health.
Anyone else working on goals for 2017?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! It's so good to be content with what you're doing. I was ill last year but am hoping to get back to 10k steps from the current 7.5k.
ReplyDeleteI'm still working on my goal list and saw your lovely goal list on the sidebar of bits and bobs. I copied it into my goal planning list, just for inspiration.
I recently read about 'skillpower' and how it is more helpful than 'willpower' for accomplishing goals. Very interesting and helpful. I think you might like it. http://anniekateshomeschoolreviews.com/2017/01/skillpower-willpower-and-new-years-goals/