Thursday, October 20, 2016

Small Steps Equal Big Payoff


Dunes are an excellent fitness test! 

For the second year in a row on my birthday, I have been blessed to climb these stairs.  Last year, I was recovering from a bad bike fall, but I was able to do the hike with a little bit of knee pain and a good knee wrap.  This year, I felt great.  The stairs were an effort, but I was not totally winded or out of energy to keep going up and down the dunes.  Walking through the sand uphill is also a challenge that I met.  Woo hoo!  In fact, on this trip, we did some serious walking every day and I did pretty well energy wise.  It occurred to me that all my walking at home for my Fitbit has really started to pay off.  I strive to hit 8K steps a day.  Maybe I can bump that up soon.  And if the weather ever cooperates at home, perhaps I can get back on my bike.  I would love to ride this fall.

This is the reward for making the effort...what a view from the top!



1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful place to walk -- it wouldn't seem like exercise. I know what you mean about walking in sand, a little (lot) extra workout. Good for you for progress!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.