| Me, on the beach |
So, how did it go over the long holiday weekend camping? I certainly was more active. Camping is overall a great activity for me. I have to move a lot. I went on a walk around the camp ground. I went on one hour long group hike. I would have liked to hike more, but I needed to pace myself. I needed to be able to set up and tear down camp. Those things count! I played Ladder Ball and Lawn Darts (the new safe ones). I even played Frisbee a little.
As for my eating, we made an effort to have fresh grilled veggies and less smores. I did have ice cream from the camp store. The one failure of the trip was Pizza Hut. I had 3 slices! I was planning to get a salad and have one big slice. My resolve was put to the test and I failed. Otherwise, I think the trip went well.
This week, the weather has turned hot and humid, so my resolve to exercise will be tested. My goal for the next week is to do Wii Fit once, take one short bike ride and take one short walk in addtion to weeding and mowing this week.
I am still praying about Weight Watchers. My husband said I could do the online program. However, I think I want to do this on my own. That is what is holding me back from joining. I know WW works. But as soon as I stopped I went right back to my old ways. I want to have good habits so that I am not dependent on a program. Of course that will take time.
So, here is my eating plan for the next week:
Breakfast: bran cereal with skim milk OR oatmeal OR eggs & toast
Small Snack: 2-3 hours later a protein with a healthy carb
Lunch: Protein, healthy carb, fruit & veggies
Small Snack: 2-3 hours later a protein with a healthy carb
Dinner: Protein, healthy carb, fruit & veggies
Snack: popcorn, if needed
- Drink lots of water, decaf tea for variety.
- Limit sugar (pray for a way out when facing temptation!)
- Lots of veggies
- Only whole grains
Sounds like a pretty good weekend. I realized last night before falling asleep that I am not taking advantage of these warm days to get out and walk. I am going to ride your coat tails on this weight loss thing my friend. Hope you don't mind. A lot of people at our church have been losing weight by going to Ideal Protein, not the route I want to go but I need to make some changes. A friend is coming over to day and we are going to make whole wheat tortillas so I will let you know how they turn out and share any good recipes.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you did great. I don't know if I would have been able to stick with veggies and such. Good job. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn