I am a visual learner. And, writing down what I eat can get a little tedious, so I thought perhaps a visual diary kept for a week might help. (I probably won't post the whole week, though.) These pictures are taken with my old style flip phone, so excuse their poor quality.
My goal is to take a picture of every thing that I eat or drink (maybe not water) this week. Perhaps if I know I will have to give an account for what I eat, I will think twice. Also, friends, do not feel compelled to leave comments. I know it is kind of boring!
Breakfast:
Bran flakes with granola sprinkled on top.
Skim milk. Coffee has Coffee Mate and real sugar. Sorry. I can't give it up!
Mid Morning Snack:
My friend is a Shaklee distributor and gave me this can of Cinch protein shake mix. I will use it for snacks when we are on the go. (Today we were off to do our shopping.) I probably won't get more as it is a bit expensive. Perhaps she will get more samples! It does taste really good.
Lunch:
This is left over Trader Joe's spinach pizza. It was not whole grain. I need to finish up some things before I can go totally whole grain. The ranch dressing was fat free. I sprinkled a tablespoon of sunflower seeds on the salad. One of my favorite toppings.
Mid Afternoon Snack:
Did not need a big snack. Drank extra water while working in the yard for an hour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I was tempted to tear into the potato chip bag, but stopped myself when I realized that I'd have to take a photo of them! A ha! Success!
Dinner:







Wow, what a great idea for the visual person to keep you accountable, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried raisins or dried cranberries on your salad with the sunflower seeds? Very yummy! You are doing great.
That is a great way to keep track of what you eat. Glad it's working for you. It looks like some great meals. :)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn