Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Food Diary, Day 18

Good morning!  I did very well yesterday with my challenges.  Go me! Today will be easier, no social events, just going to get food for my family and get the house tidy for extended family coming tomorrow.

Movement:  Did a Wii Fit check (my age is 35 today.)  Then I did the 1-mile express (located on the side bar of this blog.)  Whew!  That's a fast mile and very good for a quick get up and go day.  175 calories burned according to Wii Fit's activity log. My weight stayed the same for 2 days in a row.  That makes me quite happy. 

I am worried about keeping up this pace.  I worry about burn out or injuries.  I am praying that my mental objections will be over ruled and I will keep going for a long, long time.  It really is not an option to not exercise if I want to be fit for old age.  That is my goal.  I visit my 89 year old grandma and see the consequences of not moving when you are young enough to do so.  I want to be like my grandfather who walked and read books his whole life. 

I've noticed benefits that I really enjoy:
  • having more energy, 
  • a pep in my step going up stairs, 
  • less tired in the afternoons, 
  • a happier outlook in general, 
  • it feels good to push myself a little. 
  • it feels better knowing I am doing something rather than just wishing something would happen (magical thinking!)  
  • my knees don't hurt

Breakfast:  The usual.  Cereal, milk, banana, and coffee.


Lunch:  Big salad with turkey, lite ranch, and the most juicy nectarine!
Snack:
I love these bars! 
Dinner:  OK.  We are on a tight budget, so eating another hamburger tonight was not what I really wanted, but we had them to eat, if you know what I mean.  :-) 
Hamburger with a slice of cheddar cheese on a whole grain bun, a salad with lite ranch, grilled zucchini, and a frozen fruit only strawberry bar (100 calories).  I also had 2 handfuls of potato chips.  I wish I had not had the chips, but they looked so good and I love them. 

1 comment:

  1. And today you get to walk in pleasant temperatures at Conner Prairie! Keep going! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.