Thursday, June 23, 2011

Visual Food Diary, Day 19

Movement:  Waking up a little groggy this morning.  I had a harder time falling to sleep last night.  It's a big day ahead.  I am going to be cleaning this house and then walking for hours at our local living history museum (if the weather cooperates.)  So, I've decided to let that be my movement for today.  Since my update, I've already walked 3 miles (one more than my goal), and have done Wii Fit several times.  Tomorrow I will mow the grass, if the rain holds off. 

Challenge #1 today is going to Pizza Hut with my mother-in-law.  The salad bar last week was blah.  It has too much iceberg even if it is fresh and not from a bag.  And I was starving later with no protein.  Today, I am going to look at my options on the nutritional info sheet.  The buffet is not an option.  What I would love to to is order a thin crust pizza with chicken and green peppers. 

Challenge #2 today is our evening meal with extended family.  I am in charge, so I can control the challenge to some extent.  I'm serving grilled chicken breast, pasta salad, corn-on-the-cob, and strawberries.  I also got a berry crumb pie and a sugar free angel food cake for dessert. My biggest challenge will be passing by the pie and going for the sugar free angel free cake and strawberries. 

Breakfast:  Oatmeal Protein Pancakes!  I found this recipe at Danica's Daily.  It was very yummy, tasting more like french toast.  Danica says it lasts her all morning.  I hope it does for me too. Next time I will slice a banana on top. 
Lunch: 4 slices of thin and crispy from a medium BBQ chicken pie and a BIG salad.  I had one more piece than I really needed, but all in all, I think it is OK since I do not eat like this every day. 

Snack:  Think Thin Bar

Dinner:  1/2 grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c. whole grain pasta salad with light dressing, corn-on-the-cob, and strawberries.  Also had 1/4 c. ice cream.  Passed on the berry pie from Trader Joes since I had so much pizza for lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.