Friday, June 24, 2011

Food Diary, Day 20

Note:  I just did not want to take pictures today.  I figure that is my right.  :-)  My daughter said at dinner,"Wait!  Aren't you going to take a picture?"   The point is to keep tack. 


Movement:  Mowing today, if it ever stops raining long enough.  I will weed for certain.  My check in with Wii Fit did not go so well.  I think the pizza was too much yesterday.  I'll have to be careful this weekend.  But the more I think of it, the scales are just a tool.  I need to be happy that I am moving in the right direction.  It's just when you are in a fight for your life, you want to be perfect all the time. 

OK, I give up.  We tried three different times to go out and mow.  As I type this the sun is trying to peak out.  If I go out to mow it will rain in 5 minutes!  So, I weeded the long front bed in and out of the rain.  So, I walked a mile walk with Leslie.  She doesn't care if it rains or shines.  She is always there waiting for me.  *grins* 


My thought of the day:  I think I want a pedometer.  It will need to be cheap. I am thinking a pedometer would encourage me to walk more.  If I set myself a goal of a certain amount of steps, say 10,000,I could challenge myself to do them. Would I? 

Breakfast:  Cereal, a nectarine, and coffee.

Snack:  1c. (170 calories) vanilla yogurt (ff) with another nectarine (They are just too good right now!)

Lunch:  Big salad with a cheese stick, grilled chicken breast, romaine, red cabbage, green onions, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, yellow peppers, croutons and 9 whole grain pretzels.  I could have lived without the pretzels.  I just wanted them.  :-( 

Snack:  A banana and 3/4c. of my homemade granola warm from the oven.  :-) 

Dinner:  Whole grain pasta salad with 2 kinds of peppers, cheese, green onions, grape tomatoes, and light vinaigrette.  A small serving of fresh from our garden green beans.  So good!  Also, I had a light ice cream sandwich. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jenn,
    I have finally joined your bandwagon I walked today and took a bike ride this evening with my blessings, finally! Thank you for your documenting your journey to encourage mine!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Reading your food journal is making me hungry. [o= I should record somehow what I eat. I don't know what it is but I am resisting. I think it is a concern about my past bulimarexia tendencies. I try to eat real healthy and I am learning portions but I can't get lost in the details otherwise I get consumed. I am getting there. I LOVE love love Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. That reminds me...I got to get walking. [o=

    Blessings and ((HUGS))!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.