Friday, June 24, 2011

Update No. 4

Hello friends!  And a big thank you to Mrs. White for choosing my blog to highlight this week.  You can find more blogs of people trying to keep fit on her blog. 


This was a very challenging week for me.  I had to navigate a lot of social eating situations.  I went camping, I attended bunco, ate out twice, and I hosted a family meal.  I thought I had done very well, but then this morning the scales said otherwise.  I stayed the same all week long, then yesterday I was down 1 pound and today I was up 3 pounds.  *sigh* 

I am trying to remember that it is not all about numbers, but how I feel.  I feel better.  I am not going to get discouraged about this turn of events.  Time to move on and do better. 

I do have some rationalization going on in my head to fight.  I really thought I was being careful, but I know that I ate too much at Pizza Hut yesterday.  I had hoped the exercising would balance it all out.  I am not worried.  I can be careful this weekend and be fine.  I know I can.  The only trouble is that I've fallen into a pattern of gain, loose, gain back.  That is not going to get me to my goal. 


My movement goal for this week was to go try to do something 5 out of the last 7 days.  And, I was successful!  I am keeping this as my goal.  Here are my specific movement goals for the coming week.  

  • Do yard work one day (limbs need cutting, weeds always need pulled, mowing to do). 
  • I am going to do Wii Fit 3 times this week, increasing my calorie burn goal to 150+ calories or more per session.  
  • I am going on walk at our local living history museum this weekend. 
  • I will do Walk Away the Pounds 1 mile 2 times this week. 
  • I want to be moving every single week day for at least 20 minutes! 
My healthy eating goals for the week included:
  • Drink lots of water, decaf tea for variety.  No diet soda. I don't like them anyway. Try adding mint to my decaf tea. 
  • Limit sugar (remember to pray for a way out when facing temptation!) Fruit is a good dessert. Remembering is the hardest part. 
  • Eat lots of veggies.  I notice that I can forget this very important goal.  Perhaps it has to do with being hard to keep veggies in the house, but that cannot be an excuse.  I made the effort to go to a third grocery store to buy more produce for this week.  I hope this helps.   
  • Eat mostly whole grains. Measure my cereal in the morning.  Try to limit grains to 2 meals a day. 
  • Be flexible and proactive, esp. when eating away from home. (Get a taste what looks good, take only bites, not heaps!) Read nutritional information before I go to a restaurant. 
  • Only eat when hungry, stopping before I am too full.  
  • No eating more, just because it tastes so good!  
  • Continue with the Food Diary on this blog.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, Jenn! I'll be praying for you to fight temptations! Your goals sound reasonable and something I am sure you will look back on at the end of the week and be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's stay on track this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good plan. Once you get used to limiting the sugar and choosing fruit for a treat it should get easier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a learning curve, isnt' it? So nice to see that your hubby is on board!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.