Movement: Wii Fit Plus, 25 minutes, mostly strength training, only burned 156 calories. I count that as good because I really did not want to do anything at all!
Breakfast: Protein powder and milk, coffee, and a nectarine
VBS snack: a slice of ham and some carrots
Lunch: cole slaw with aisan style crunchy noodles, a protein bar
Dinner: Hamburger on a lite bun, slaw, watermelon, and slow churned ice cream
Update No. 5
This was a challenging week with VBS. I needed extra protein for breakfast to keep me going, so I chose to drink my breakfast. It really held me. I really was not tempted by the piles of food at VBS. I know what is good for me and what is not. I think I made good choices. The hardest part of VBS was getting up early enough to work out 30 min, and take a shower before having to dash off to VBS. I am pleased that I reached my movement goal. My weight did not change this week, but I was expecting that being a hormonal time of the month. Ugh!
This coming week, I will be back at Lake Michigan, another challenge. Life is full of those!
Mary asked me, "I would like to know if you are using a certain program or book. How do you gauge what and how much you eat. I am just now learning about recommend portions so I keep loosing lbs. I lost 6 lbs and think I might have plateaued."
I am not using any certain program or book. I have read so many books and been on so many programs, that I think I have a good idea of what eating healthy is supposed to look like. I do not suffer from a knowledge deficit! What I suffer from is lack of self control. Food tastes good. That's my problem!
Right now, I eat until I am full and I do not eat when I am not hungry. That is one of my "rules." This way I do not need to keep track of portions or calories. I do look at nutritional information to help me make good choices. I frequently decide not to eat something based on how many calories it has or decide to limit how much I consume, like treats.
When I started this process, I was determined that I was going to begin with the end in mind. How ever I loose this weight, that is how I am going to keep it off. If I am severely restricting my diet choices, then I know I am not going to be successful at keeping it off. I will crave restricted foods and eat them to no end! I did that once with sugar. I gave up all carbs, actually. I lost 70#, but one day I went off the "wagon" and that was it. I gained it all back and a little extra. Also, when I eat too little, my body goes into protection mode and it stops loosing pounds. I know this from past efforts.
My plan is tailor made for me. What works for one person may not work for another. I do believe that our bodies will give up the extra pounds if we are "listening" to what it tells us.
My goals for next week are to just keep going. I'll be on vacation. I will do a lot of hiking, swimming, walking, and just enjoying my family.
This post is linked to Mrs. White's Vintage Healthy Home.
It is a mental struggle every day. Keep up with it..
ReplyDelete