Movement: Why is it so hard to get up and go these days? Is it the fact that my husband is on vacation and I have a message going through my mind that I don't really have to move? Well, it is not going to work! I am going to move through this. I just thought it would be easier now that I am in the habit. Today I did the Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk. Wow, it was hard at the end. But, I pressed on. Tomorrow I will do some Wii Fit before leaving on our vacation.
Melissa asked about a July picture for my blog. Melissa, that is a good point. I was waiting for the 20# mark, but if a good picture is taken this week at the beach I will add it. Thanks! One of the things I am trying to do is not to be so camera shy, but I really don't like looking at pictures of myself.
My husband told me this morning that he has lost 10# just eating the way I have been eating. This really makes me think about how I have such an influence on those around me. My little son is in the overweight category. The other two are perfect weights. I need to encourage us all to eat well and move more. To the mothers reading this, we are responsible for these precious lives and their bodies need our constant tending! No room for laziness! (I was that lazy mom.) The way the mother goes, so goes the family! I believe this for all areas of our life.
Breakfast: 2 scoops protein powder in 8 oz. skim milk, coffee. I really like this breakfast. It is fast and it lasts. Plus, it is good for me to have a boost of protein in the morning, without eating meat. However, I need to find a way to be able to afford this protein powder. Cereal is cheaper, way cheaper. This can of powder was sold to me at cost by my friend who sells Shaklee. Maybe she can do that again. You would not believe the mark up in that stuff! Oh, but it is so good!
Snack: Think Thin Protein bar (I try not to have too many of these, but it was just what I was craving.)
Lunch: 2 flaxseed tortillas, shredded colby cheese, green chilies, grilled chicken
Snack: 1 very small homemade raisin bran muffin
Dinner: homemade pizza (cheese), salad, banana, fudge bar
Wow, maybe my husband could adjust his eating habits and I could lose 10 pounds, wishful thinking.
ReplyDeleteYou are right we are responsible for those in our care...
I have not been so photo shy lately. I do not like the picture of me from Sunday that was posted on my son's birthday post but I went ahead and posted it anyway.
Now, I must go research protein powder!
Keep going!
ReplyDeleteI know the feeling when you are in vacation mode but get up and go in your exercise and then you can relax. [o=
ReplyDeleteI hope you find a way to afford your protein drink. I was looking at the cost of them on Monday and I was shocked how much they cost. ((sigh))
Hope you are having fun and I can't wait to see your new avatar. [o=
Blessings and ((HUGS))!
-Mary