| A good kind of tired. |
I almost don't know how to sum up this week. I am at the same weight as last week, and I've done all I can to change that. So, I'll concentrate on some NSVs (non-scale victories).
NSV#1 yesterday I bounded up a steep hill at a local park. I almost surprised myself. I felt my muscles working hard, but there was get up and go behind them. No huff. No puff. Wow. Did that really happen?
NSV #2, also related to exercise. I find myself, dare I say it, thinking about my workout the next day and I am not thinking of ways to get out of it. This is huge. My brain may have accepted the fact, after 4 straight weeks, that I am going to exercise and there will be no arguments tolerated.
NSV#3 My eating is pretty much under control. I am in a good routine. I am trying to watch serving sizes. Here is my menu for the coming week. (We did not buy ice cream this week, just some bars to keep serving sizes in check.)
Friday: Roasted chicken, broccoli, and brown rice
Saturday: Brats with green onions and peppers, corn-on-the-cob
Sunday: Chuck roast and veggies
Monday: Grilled zesty chicken, fresh green beans, and more brown rice
Tuesday: Layered Taco Salad
Wednesday: Whole grain pancakes with sausages, fruit
Thursday: BBQ grilled chicken & whatever is fresh the next time I am at the store
***
And now for today's food and movement diary...
Movement: Biggest Loser the Workout DVD low intensity cardio workout. I have to say that I did more than ever before, but it is still really challenging. And what scares me is that this their "easy" workout. I am not going to get stressed about next week's high intensity or the boot camp workout! Tomorrow I do the sculpting and toning. I'll rest on Sunday and start week two on Monday (ready or not).
Breakfast: fresh blueberries from Michigan on top of my favorite Trader Joe's bran flakes, and my coffee. (I should call that my morning mental clarity drug.)
Snack: Home made hummus (no oil) with 6 triscuts
Lunch: (Thanks again, Mom!) 2 wheat tortillas with cheese, salad with veggies and light dressing, a nectarine.
Dinner: Roasted chicken, broccoli, and brown rice. Then I had more blueberries with a little vanilla yogurt on top. Then we had a 100 calorie icecream bar.
Breakfast: fresh blueberries from Michigan on top of my favorite Trader Joe's bran flakes, and my coffee. (I should call that my morning mental clarity drug.)
Snack: Home made hummus (no oil) with 6 triscuts
Lunch: (Thanks again, Mom!) 2 wheat tortillas with cheese, salad with veggies and light dressing, a nectarine.
Dinner: Roasted chicken, broccoli, and brown rice. Then I had more blueberries with a little vanilla yogurt on top. Then we had a 100 calorie icecream bar.
Note: I had been linking up with Mrs. White for Fit Mommy Friday, but as it turns out, she is having computer issues and so will not be hosting this week. If you would like to visit other encouraging souls who are on a journey to fitness, take a moment and visit Annie Kate! You'll be inspired. :-)
Wow, bounding up a hill!?! That's a serious victory. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to me. We may be without Mrs White's linkup for a while, so this way at least we can encourage each other. :)
Blessings, and keep moving!
Annie Kate
I got a Biggest Loser DVD from our library, it is the bootcamp one? Don't know if that is what you have or not but I thought I would give it a try. I am so encouraged by you Jenn, even though I am doing little to follow you are planting seeds of encouragement in my mind. Thank you! Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteOhhh so many good victories you had this week! Keep it up girl, your going to get there for sure.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary
Those are victories! ROCK ON and CELEBRATE!
ReplyDeleteIs ice cream your Achilles heel too? I can't buy it because I. will. eat. it. We buy the Healthy Choice fudge bars instead, and it satisfies the ice cream urge at least.
And I do love me some blueberries! We are going to Michigan next week. Woop!
Lovely photo too! Satisfied-tired looks good on you. :)