Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 80

Movement:  I did it!  I got through Boot Camp week!  Tomorrow I walk with my precious friend and then the next few days I will hike up and down sand dunes. 

On My Mind:  Last night I went to bed starving.  I decided to try and ignore the grumbles.  This morning I was back down to my lowest weight since starting all of this, although, I've been here before once.  (-18 pounds)

My weight fluctuates as much as 3 pounds all the time,despite what I eat.  (Very frustrating!)  But the highs are not as high, so I count that as progress.  Is that progress?  I wish it were just down, down, down a little at a time, all the time.  I think my body is in a metabolic slump from all the yo-yo diets I've been on since I was 13.  :-( 

Breakfast:  TJ's bran flakes,1% milk to cover, and coffee

Lunch:  1 c. of broccoli slaw with sunflower seeds and a sprinkle of dried cranberries, 1 small slice of the left over cheese pizza from last night, and a ton of watermelon.  :-) 

Snack:  Zone bar (last one) 

Dinner:  Whole grain blueberry pancakes with light syrup and smart balance, 4 natural sausage links


7 comments:

  1. YES! It is progress, and it should be encouraging!

    FWIW, are you eating *enough* calories? Sometimes on your food journal, it doesn't seem like it, especially considering that you are doing a serious workout every day.

    (Sorry that I haven't been around; vacation, then came home to find NO INTERNET! The horror! And my techie husband had to leave for a business trip 12 hours after we got home. Thank goodness for the library.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (And BTW, I think it's fine to take it slow! I've been working on mine for 18 months, and I'm only down 40-odd pounds.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. I have wondered the same thing, if I eat enough. I have tried to track calories via My Fitness Pal and it is usually in the 1400's. For my current weight, they say I need way more, however, I am not usually hungry. Except for last night, I usually am satisfied. Yes, slow and steady is best, really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Losing weight does take time, I mean if you think about it we didn't just put weight on over night, it happens gradually! Yes, I get fustrated at how my weight flucuates, but I remind myself about muscle weight and the diffent fluids in my bosy! Keep up the good work! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing great! Weight loss is about being real.. highs and lows too. good job! Sometimes just changing what we and the portions can kick us to break the 'stuck' feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, again. Yes, slow and steady wins the race for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are doing great. That's why I can't weigh myself I would constantly be feeling horrible if I didn't see a change in numbers. Once and a while I'll use the Wii Fit scale. I think slow & steady is the right course. Glad things are going so well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.