Friday, September 9, 2011

Day 85: No Excuses Allowed

Happy Birthday to my dear mom, who supports me all the way!   Thank you, Mom!  I love you!!! 




Movement:  walking at the park with my sweet friend.  Thinking I may need some better walking shoes.  I nearly got a blister after last week's jaunt. 

Last night we previewed The Biggest Loser Workout Number 2.  I think it is going to be a good one.  I like how flexible it is in allowing choices in the workouts.  It's mix and match all the way. 

Food:  Once again, I will be recording my food at My Fitness Pal.  If you (hint, hint Mom) join the site (it's free), request me as a friend (jenn4him).  Then you can see my daily food diary.  I really like this and think I will be keeping it up from now on.

Yesterday's intake was 1533.  I was hungry at bedtime. I did not care.  I did not want to eat anything else because I want those 3# gone!  And they are!  I cheated.  I weighed a day early. 

On My Mind:


Now to the subject at hand, excuses.  I do not want to seem harsh here, but am attempting to speak in love.  There should be very few excuses allowed to interrupt your exercise plan.  Illness or injury would have to be the only exceptions.

For years, as a homeschooling mother, I used my kids as an excuse not to move my body.  I used any and all excuses!  I flat out just did not want to do the work.  I was mad that I had to do it.  I was stuck in the thought that if I could not do it "right", why do it at all.  (What is "right", anyway?) 

When I started this current version of my weight loss journey, I knew that I would have to be pretty tough with myself in this area.  There is just no other way.

Even now, I find myself thinking about the future and thinking there is no way I will be able to "keep this up" when I am 90!  (So silly, I know!) So my little lazy self starts to think, "why bother."  Ugh!  I think it will be a constant battle in my head forever.  That's OK.  I am more determined than those negative thoughts. 

So, if you find yourself making excuses, remember it is best to just lay them aside and figure out a way to make time.  If it means getting up early or doing just 10 minutes at a time until you get your whole workout done, then so be it.  If it means involving your kids, do it.  Whatever it takes.  Your health is at stake! 

Schedule your exercise into your day and do not allow anything to get in the way. You will thank yourself!  Not only will you have extra energy to keep up with your demanding day, you will have the satisfaction knowing you did not let your excuses get the best of you.  Nothing feels better than that!
Just walked up a dune, so happy! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn, I am heading out for a full day of library story time and pottery classes but I had to say thanks for the words of no excuses...I needed them today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've decided that I can find I way to make it happen (even 15 minutes at at time!) if I set my mind to it.

    This is sort of a raw issue with me because I've had friends (recently) make negative comments all while saying how they can't do it. One of the friends mentioned it so much that I got her to commit to weighing in with me once a week. Now whether she follows through ... ?? But I did get her to start. Last week she said she lost three pounds, which is pretty dang good. I hope she can keep the momentum when it's a .4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job.. One thing I've learned is.. yes there is a constant battle in my head over my eating. That is just the way it is going to be. I also have to realize that this is the real world and things come up that can't be avoided. It's a balance we all have to make and figure out. It changes daily. and it's different for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog... I am on a similar journey and might I say you are looking FANTASTIC!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration... I am working on ONE DAY AT A TIME at the moment and letting all the others take care of themselves...that is helping me stay on track (most of the time "O))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.