The little voices in my mind are on the war path again. (See what I get for taking a look at the scales this morning! Will I ever learn?) They keep telling me that this is not going to work, that my body is unable to lose weight because I've damaged my metabolism and I will NEVER lose weight no matter how long or how hard I try and that exercising is just a waste of time because I will NEVER lose weight no matter how hard or how long I try. And exercising at this pace is no use because I can't keep it up FOREVER.
It's that all-or-none thinking, again! So, I am fighting the lies one at a time as they come. I keep reminding myself of the good exercising is doing. I am consistently eating below my calorie allotment. Eventually it is going to pay off. Don't listen. Keep going. Keep going.
Yes, keep fighting those lies!
ReplyDeleteDon't you already feel better, more energetic? That's a huge part of it all, right?
I think you need a peaceful nature walk with the kids.... At least that would work for me.
Yes, I do feel better, lots. I just get impatient, I think!
ReplyDeleteNooooo! This makes me so sad! You're doing wonderfully, and you are making a real difference, even if the scale doesn't reflect it yet. Your body is just used to where it has been and is fighting you. Just fight back, not harder, but longer.
ReplyDeleteI could be entirely out of place here so feel free to discard my comment altogether but I just wanted to say that somewhere on the program I have followed said that it is not a good idea to eat under (or over) your ideal calorie allotment. I think supposedly your body goes into a survival mode or SOMETHING??!!! However now that I say that to you I have to admit I am trying to eat less than my amount too :O)))) Hahahaha how silly - but I sooooo want to see a loss and sooo get disappointed (majorly) when I don't! Anyhow! Keep up the AMAZING work!!! It is encouraging to hear how others are going!
ReplyDelete