Friday, October 14, 2011

Fit Mommy Check-In

So, how's your week been?  I decided to keep a log this week since I am not keeping one on My Fitness Pal this week.  
(This is my outdoor cardio week, since the weather is going to be nicer.)

Monday:  Day of rest after all the wonderful hiking and biking we did over the weekend.  We ate pretty well too.  We went to a local farmer's market. 

Today, I focused on limiting sugar and increasing veggies. 

Tuesday:  Took a longer (40 minutes) bike ride with my daughter, actually going to a near-by park.  All was well, I even fixed my bike when the chain fell off.  Remember my bike?  It's a 1980's Schwinn touring bike.  Just awesome!  My husband has a matching one.  His was my father's bike.  We look so cute riding them together.   
At the beach this past weekend.

Foodwise,  I made another batch of bran blueberry muffins.  I also tried sweet potato fries.  Not sure I'll try those again.  They were good, but...  I like baked sweet potatoes better.  Not a speck of refined sugar or flour today.  Yippee! 



Wednesday:  Bob's Bootcamp and functional flexibility, with the warm-up for a total of 30 minutes.  Boy, did I work up a sweat, love that work out.  It uses a medicine ball, stability ball, and weights.  You know, it is important to do weight bearing exercises as well as cardio?  

I also mowed today!  

Foodwise, I am enjoying not counting calories.  As long as I choose low glycemic foods and eat only when hungry, stopping when full, I am doing OK.  I peeked at the scale today and I am maintaining my lowest weight.  Yippee!   

I started reading The Great Fitness Experiment so that my husband can read Return to Fitness.  This book is pretty entertaining,although a little too cute for my literary tastes, but full of very useful information about all kinds of exercises. The author is a confessed exercise nut, even in therapy!  I'm in chapter two and really glad to be reading her story and all the things she did in the name of fitness.  She even talks about how over doing it can lead to weight gain and muscle loss!  Moderation is key!  



Thursday:
It's a rainy morning.  I think I will walk outside anyway.  It is not pouring and I really want to be outside.  I'll borrow one of the mp3 players and head out for 40 minutes or so.  Mowing yesterday was intense.  I did the push mowing of the ditch, side yard and perimeter.  I think a nice easy walk today is just what I need to get the juices flowing. 

I am still really enjoying Return to Fitness.  It says that at my age, fitness is about endurance, not being the fastest or strongest.  I so need to hear that!  It also stresses the dangers of over training, and not taking rest days.

For lunch today I had a gigantic organic honey crisp apple with almond butter and that was it.  I was amazed at how it filled me up and I did not even want an afternoon snack.  Now, I admit I was very hungry at dinner, but I did not over do, so it worked out fine. 

I am sore and stiff tonight from boot camp yesterday, so I took some ibuprofen.  

Friday is finally here! I walk with a friend today.  I am glad the rain is gone.  Now it is just the cooler temps I have to fear. 

Saturday I am going on a biking date with my husband. *smile*


Sunday I will do weight training. 

There you have my week.  If you'd like to see how others are doing and get some encouragement on your journey, take a moment to visit Annie Kate. 
Jenn

7 comments:

  1. You are doing great! I love how you are being active and living and loving your family. I love the pic of your bikes. [o= A couple who bikes together stays together!

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to show you my new workout schedule spreadsheet! I'm designing my own workout program, maybe I can help you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those bikes, I told the kids that I would have one of those someday! I am not logging my food on MFP right now either. I am not doing a paper log but I need to start. My tread mill did not work yesterday. My husband will check it out for me tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great week! Awesome that you are maintaining your low weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a real relief not to be counting calories anymore! :)

    What you're doing now will be sustainable for the rest of your life. Great change!

    It's so neat that you and your hubby bike together.

    Thanks for mentioning your new fitness read. :)

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week. glad it's gone well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.