Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mid-week Chat: Surrender

My yo-yo dieting story began when I was 13 years old.  If I only knew then what I know now!  Since that time, I've lost and regained a ton of weight, probably hundreds of pounds.

Right now,I am at the point of surrender. I bring this up because I have been at a point where my body is resisting my efforts for several months.  I was warned long ago of this coming day, but hoped it would not happen to me.  Well, it has.  Therefore, I surrender.  Not in a "I quit kind of way," but in a "I am not fighting it anymore" kind of way.  Does that make sense? 

I am not going to change anything I am doing right now.  I am still eating a low glycemic diet.  I am still going to aim for at least 30 minutes of cardio a day.  I am just not going to make my weight the focus it has been for the last 6 months.  I am not going to weigh myself for a good long time.  In fact, I am going to ask my husband to hide the scales.  I am going to keep using My Fitness Pal to track what I eat, but the calories will not be my main focus.  My main focus is keeping my eating low glycemic.  I am tired of thinking about "it" all the time!  I just want to live. 

So, that is what is on my mind. What's on yours? 
~Jenn 

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jenn, my first "diet" was the summer between 5th and 6th grade...I was a baby and shouldn't have been dieting. I didn't have a weight problem until my parents divorced and my mom starting working out of the home. Guess my world and diet changed rather drastically. I completely get what you mean. I thought the same thing when I had to log my food last night. I think the accountability is great for me, but I don't know if I want to take that much time to focus on my food. I am happy with just my four days a week of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good dicision. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely. It hard to not watch the numbers. But you have a good focus. It's all about life change, not just the numbers. Praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi love! It could be that perhaps we need to continue learning more about nutrition, glycemic indexes, etc. (Wasn't there a book "Eat right 4 your type?"). We'll keep exercising while we continue to refine our eating habits.

    This is for the long haul!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling of being stuck and having a body who doesn't want to let go. I will keep praying for you and please do so for me too. One reason I love t-tapp is because I don't have to look at a scale or count calories. I just need to keep focusing on a healthy diet ( I have learned so much of what that is by the Maker's Diet and t-tapp) and the exercises are working. Keep at it and pray for the Lord to guide and lead you.

    Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC!
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's health you're really after, right? So if you keep exercising and moving you'll be healthier, and the weight will eventually go away as a side benefit.

    You could be at the stage where muscle weight is replacing fat weight...and that's all GOOD!

    Isn't it nice to be free from the scale? I rarely use it, because I know it makes me stop listening to my body and makes me focus on numbers instead. :)

    Blessings,

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think taking a break from the scales is a good thing! I've had my husband hide the scale before also.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.