Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Back to Work

Singing praises over here, I am!  I feel back to almost normal and so that means getting back to work.  I only actually missed 2 scheduled workouts, so not as bad as I feared.  I had visions of me laying on the couch for a week and facing an uphill battle back to my previous level of fitness. 

Today, I did stretches from a book entitled, Fitness After Forty by Vonda Wright, MD.  If your library has it and if you are struggling to keep going, I highly recommend this book.  Dr. Wright is very encouraging and compelling as to why we need to be moving at least 30 minutes most days. 

I also did 40 minutes on Wii Fit.  My heart rate averaged 128 beats per minute and peaked at 154, which is perfect for me.  I had been wondering if Wii Fit is really a good workout, so I decided to try it with my heart rate monitor on.  I am happy with the results.  I did all aerobics:  hula hoop, step, and running. 

With the help of Dr. Wright, I am going to work on a new plan with new goals.  Did you know that only 28% of adults in American exercise more than 3 days a week?  I am glad to be one in the minority! 

I am also glad to report that my weight went down another .9 of a pound in a week.  Yippee!!!  That brings up my total to 22 pounds.  Sure, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make that number bigger, but at least I can say that I have fought hard for each and every pound and I am not giving up!

So, how is your week going? 
~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. That is great, I finished reading Fit and Fabulous last night. I learned I was doing one of the exercises wrong. Wow, what a difference that made today. I also notice that I sit more erect after doing this for three consecutive days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like things are going great. I will have to see if my library has that book, sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I had a setback, but I'm slogging my way through. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.