I appreciated each and every comment from yesterday. I ended up missing my first day of exercise since I began this journey. Today was a much better day. I have already put on my new shoes, my heart rate monitor, and enjoyed a brisk half hour walk with my dear friend, Leslie Sansone. It was a great walk! Whatever was going on in my mind yesterday is gone, thankfully.
I am loving my food scale. I can see how it is keeping me honest! I almost ate two servings of nuts yesterday, but my kids, who are much wiser than I, told me I should weigh my nuts and sure enough, I would have eaten two servings!
I did eat two pieces of Halloween candy yesterday. I've never eaten that little in my life, so I count it as a victory. Of course, I wanted to try and not eat any at all, but it was just too available.
The heart rate monitor continues to be a wonderful purchase. I love how it motivates me to move more when I need to and how it tells me when I am working too hard. I try to keep my heart rate above 130 and below 150. The "experts" say that keeping your heart rate at a lower rate while exercising burns more fat. We shall see.
Those two pounds I was bemoaning yesterday quickly went away when I weighed this morning. I am so thankful. I have decided to limit grains and sugar this week to see if that helps my efforts. I have been reading on the ills of sugar. Maybe if we eat less this winter we will be healthier. Eating sugar can lower your immunity. At this point, I will try anything to avoid the winter sickies.
All this to say, I am thankful that so many of you took the time to encourage me yesterday. Have a great day!
Let's keep going! Today is another day.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better about everything. I like my food scale too. I was just so shocked to see what a true portion size (not serving size) was. I've been doing this for a while, and I'm still shocked by it at times. :)
ReplyDeleteThose measuring tools are wonderful. A real eye-opener.
ReplyDeleteYAY for two pounds gone! And YAY YOU for dusting off and moving on! :)
Keep on keeping on my sweet friend. I agree with you on the sugar issues. I need to keep on monitoring this myself. I have switched to Earl Grey green tea quite some time ago and I am not using that much now. Those little doses sneak up on you.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to post a measuring update today.
Blessings and ((HUGS))
-Mary