Friday, December 9, 2011

Fit Mommy Friday Check-In

This will be a brief check-in as I have to get going today!  

View from one of my walks this week.  

Did I meet my fitness goals for the week?  No, not all of them.  I did walk 3 times with a couple of my friends.  I neglected my weight training this week.  Is that terrible?  Well, yes and no.  For one thing, I was making a come back from a tough week last week.  I gave myself permission to take it a bit more slowly after I wrote the goals for the week.  And, I think it was just the right thing to do, as on Thursday morning, my walk was glorious!  I could feel such a huge difference in my stamina.  I was walking briskly and not chugging air!  I did not get my normal "I want to quit" signal as I usually do towards the end.  Therefore, I must say that I accomplished more than I planned this week by doing less! I am going to do my weights today, though.  And I will walk or do something aerobic on Saturday.

I hope you have had a good week.  I am off to bake cookies!  (I said bake, not eat!)  :-) 
If you want to visit others who are striving to take care of themselves, please click over to Annie Kate who is talking about facing our challenges today!

7 comments:

  1. OK! Let's not let the winter season slow us down!

    Found some base layer clothing at amazon that might be nice:

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_10?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=base+layer&sprefix=base+layer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great. I say that as long as you are moving and trying you are doing great! I have to tell myself the same thing. [o= Keep reaching for the stars and at least you won't end up with fists of dirt. ((HUGS)) Keep on striving and you will get there my friend.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you reached a new level of fitness! Good job listening to your bod and not being afraid to make necessary changes. Very nice view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are doing good. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing a great job Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great! I love how you got more out of doing less. That just shows how important it is to take a break after feeling ill.

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good going!! I have always felt that taking it easy for a little bit helps to restart the fitness regimen. That's why I don't sweat it too much when we travel. Built in breaks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.