Friday, January 6, 2012

Fit Mommy Check-In

This week certainly held some unexpected challenges to my mental status regarding my journey to get healthy!

First of all, I had to go to the doctor for a blood pressure, weight, waist measurement check in order to get approved for MediShare.  If you must know, it freaked me out.  I hate going to the doctor unless I am dying and since I am perfectly fine, I did not want to go! I had not been in two years.  Ugh!  But it ended up being great because my doctor is a great godly man and so encouraging.

You want to know what he said about only loosing 20 this past year?  He thought it was much better than loosing a ton more because this way it is sustainable.  He says even if my body slows way down and I only loose 5 or 10 pounds this whole next year that "my boat is still headed in the right direction!"  Love that guy's logic.

He did not think loosing 1-2 pounds a month was bad at all.  And my blood pressure was excellent.  Love knowing that!  So, my anxieties were for naught.  When will I ever learn that they usually are!

OK, so back to my Fit Mommy Update.

All in all, I did what I said I would do, until Friday.  I had to spend the day getting the house ready for guests coming.  I wasted a perfectly wonderfully sunny day, however, I did get a great walk in on Saturday.  I can feel myself getting stronger and stronger.  My usual tired spots on my walk are not so drastic now.  I am also going up and down that hill (do you remember that hill?) twice.

I think that is all for now.  I'll write my plan for the week tomorrow.  

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so great about the doctors appointment. Good job. I think you have a very wise doctor, what a blessing. I hope your plans Friday went good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are able to see such a great doctor, I perfectly agree with you. I have a friend who lost a lot of weight really fast with a weightloss program. She has gained quite a bit back, the reason, she made no long term changes. As soon as the weight was gone she went back to her old habits. I agree with this doctor, you are doing great, made liveable lasting changes and you are getting stronger! That is great, and great blood pressure, way to go Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely concept, that your boat is going the right direction! He sounds like a wise man.

    So you just keep right on keeping on; you're going in the right direction! If you post sayings on your fridge, that one should be up there! :)

    We have our quiches and pies crustless most of the time, and that's yummy. Miss 14 does like making crusts, so we will have one for special occasions, but that's it.

    I think I caught your dizzy illness. Good thing I don't have to drive today!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job and wonderful results of your doctor visit. It is difficult to lose slowly but just keep looking back at how far you have come. I lose slowly too and that is how I try to keep myself motivated when I get down on how chunky my belly still is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.