Monday, January 9, 2012

This Week's Plan

The plan for this week is simple.  Do what I've been doing.  It is enough. 

Monday:  Fitness After Forty's "Carry A Load", Balance work and Flexibilty

Tuesday:  Walk with sweet friend (45 minutes of huff and puff) 

Wednesday:  Fitness After Forty's "Carry A Load", Balance work and Flexibilty

Thursday:   Walk with sweet friend

Friday:  Fitness After Forty's "Carry A Load" , Balance work and Flexibilty

Saturday:  Walk with dear husband


Not so good choice! 


As far as eating goes, that will have to change! Last week, I kept a food journal and I attempted to eat more fruits and vegetables.  I also increased my water intake.  I am going to do those things again and I am also going to try to do a better job at limiting my refined flour intake.  (I admit it.  I ate those rolls!  I did not drink the cocoa.) 

I let that slip over the weekend and it shows on the scales.  I made beautiful quiches Friday and we've been eating them all weekend.  The crust is my undoing.  I love fresh pie crust.  It is a weakness.  I've decided that I want to make them again, but this time they will be either crust-less or made with whole grain flour. 

Last night,  I made us  a "salad bar" for dinner.  Surprisingly it was very well received. I was amazed at the sizes of the salads two of my kids enjoyed.  I am going to make this a regular, weekly menu item.  I love seeing my kids get excited about vegetables for dinner.

So, there is my week's plan.  Hope you have a great one!
~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan, and I love the new picture of you on the side bar. You look great, good job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. I hope you have lovely weather for your walks.

    I love salads. Now that we're trying to eat out of the freezer, salads are not happening much. That's a pity, but it's only a few more weeks, and there's a lot of good stuff in our freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, good on you for your efforts.
    I am in a bit of a fix at the moment. having back troubles at the moment. so my exercising is at a stand still. I am eating too much because of the boredom.
    I hope to get back on track as soon as I have the go ahead by the chiropractor.
    thankyou for posting your efforts. You are an encouragement.
    blessings to you.
    NEll

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.