Friday, January 13, 2012

Fit Mommy Friday Report

I love winter walks! 
Hello!  I spent the week successfully working off the excess from last weekend's festivities.  Perhaps that is why I am getting no where?  Maybe so.  Must be on my guard this weekend as there is one birthday to celebrate with family this week and next. 

I am happy to report that this week's goals were met.  I walked Tuesday & Thursday.  I will walk on Saturday one way or the other, meaning outside or inside with a DVD.  I did my stretching and weights on Monday, Wednesday and today.  I tracked all my food intake.  I made better choices, although not perfect.  (A bite of chocolate here and there!) 

I noticed that when I felt anxious this week, I would have a strong urge to eat, but I was not really hungry, so I decided to eat fruit or popcorn instead.  That seemed to do the trick. (I thank God for popcorn!!)  I will work towards distracting myself with something nonfood this coming week.  (Or maybe pray that the anxiety will vanish!)   

I was able to do better with increasing my vegetables and fruits.  I will continue to work on this habit, as it is not my default, yet.  It helps that Grace is now making us salads for lunch, and she will bring me a sliced apple or orange when requested.  I discovered that I LOVE organic romaine lettuce.  It is a brilliant green compared to the other pale stuff I was buying.  One day I hope to eat only organic produce. 
Waiting to walk with my friend on Thursday. 

I hope you've had a good week, too!  If you'd like to join others involved with Fit Mommy Friday, please visit Annie Kate! 
~Jenn

4 comments:

  1. Good for you on meeting your goals!

    I also sometimes want to eat when I'm anxious or bored. Try drinking water, maybe even with a bit of lemon juice added. That often works for me.

    Or...do a crazy bit of exercise with the kids. Mine are so astonished, and we laugh so hard that all thought of food is forgotten...and the anxiety goes away, too.

    I love romaine too!

    Have a blessed and active weekend!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like winter walks, I've got one for you at the Dunes this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the nutrition and walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like a great week. So glad things are going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.