Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Just Checking In

Hello friends of this journey! 

Today, I had to cancel my outside walk with my walking buddy because of rain, and instead do a walking DVD inside.  That's OK.  Sunday we had a lovely walk at our favorite state park.  Hopefully I can walk outside again, soon. 

It amazes me how much I disdain inside exercise. There is just something about being outside that spurs me on.  I like the varied terrain.  Unexpected hills and differing foot paths make the walk more interesting. 

I had walked this same trail at the park many times and felt as if I were walking it for the first time as the snow cover and lack of trees gave it a totally different look.  I actually felt disoriented!  And walking in winter boots with a heavy coat and jeans made it a bigger effort than my summer weight clothes of the past.

Being able to enjoy walking this winter has been an unexpected pleasure.  I am thankful for the ability to get out and keep moving! 


4 comments:

  1. That is so great to hear. Glad it's all going so well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray you get lots of outside exercise this winter. I on the other hand like exercising in front of my tv. I know you wouldn't that of me but there it is.[o= I will have to get hubby to take me on a leisure walk out in the snow soon.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.