Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Will Get Back Up



Remember how much I just love walking outside?  Well, today as we started walking the snow was coming down pretty heavy.  The snow covered a big patch of ice and I went down hard on my left knee.  It's pretty painful, swollen and blue.  I am icing it and keeping it elevated.  Thankfully, I think it is just a soft tissue injury, at least I hope so.  I won't be walking on it for a couple weeks, if I am lucky.  I hope I can at least do my weights at some point before then.

I was so careful, but accidents still happen.  I am just so thankful that I did not land on my head or break anything.  God was watching over me for sure!!!

I do have some good news.  We were approved for Medishare and I am going to take part in their wellness program with my own personal accountability partner.  More about that after the first contact.


~Jenn
Just before the tumble. 

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you heal quickly. It is hard when you are inspired to get your life in order and all you want to do is get out there and make it happen.
    I have been out of action with back problems for over a week. I am now in the care of a Chiropractor and trying to get back to Gym. Life is not always easy. I am sure you will get back on your feet soon.
    Thank you for posting your journey.
    I am greatly encouraged by it.
    blessings NEll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much Nell. I hope so too. It is easy to be discouraged after an accident. No matter what, I am going forward. :-)

      Delete
  2. So sorry that you fell, ugh! May you heal quickly. I will pray for your healing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear you fell. Though I didn't fall, I have had an injury that kept me from walking, and it's never fun. I do hope you heal quickly and still get to work with your weights. And that is exciting news about the personal accountability partner, I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn. I really do appreciate your care and concern. I hope you are feeling better yourself very soon.

      Delete
  4. Oh no, oh no! That is so hard! I hope you will soon feel well again. But be sure to rest that knee as much as you need.

    You'll be able to focus on healthy eating, though, and, like you said,some weights.

    Just decide what your revised goals will be for the next few weeks, and work with them. Perhaps you will be aiming not to gain any weight in this time of little activity, and spending time learning more about exercise.

    And you can probably do all the arm and back work,right?

    I hope your personal accountability partner works out for you!

    Remember that the Lord has your whole life in his good, loving hands.

    (Hugs)

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie Kate, you are so right! This is a chance to learn some new things and work on maintaining. :-) You are always such an encouragement to me. Thank you.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.