Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fighting Discouragement

This morning, the scales were not my friend.  Not only was I up from last Friday, but I was 3 pounds up.  The same miserable pounds I lost last week and the week before that and so on before that. I have been loosing and regaining the same pounds for months now. 

On the one hand, that is good because I am learning how to maintain.  I've even read from a lady who lost 150# that she hoped every one got to experience a nice long plateau so that you can learn how to maintain.  I don't want to maintain this weight.  I want to loose it, for good! 

So, this morning, I was so tempted to "give up."  Not really give up for good, but to just give up for the day.  No exercise.  No more mounds of greens on my plates.  However, I started to think about all the people who don't give up.  Not even just the ones trying to loose weight.  They can't give up.  People are counting on them.  I think of so many people in hard situations.  They don't give up.  They keep on. 

So, I kept on.  I did my boot camp DVD.  I will be sore tomorrow.  I ate a slice of whole grain toast and drank my green smoothie.  I wrote everything down in my journal.  I will eat a good for me lunch, skipping the kids' popcorn chicken. 

Eventually, it will happen. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up.. It is a battle.. one worth fighting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hard, and I'm kind of in the same boat, though I don't think I'm being nearly as good as you are. It is hard when you don't see progress, but your attitude is very encouraging. It's what I needed to read, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.