![]() |
| Our afternoon snack. |
It's time again for another check-in! This week, I have good news. I lost a pound. Bringing my total to 25! Yippee!
This week has had good and challenging elements. The good has been that I am continuing to attempt to eat more vegetables. I also was able to really up my exercise to pre-knee injury levels. I worked on boosting my weight training and I walked a lot with Leslie Sansone.
I've already talked about the challenges of this week in the previous post. Let's just say that this is not an easy battle and I am constantly under attack. My thoughts are a battle field.
For the next week, I am going to continue to exercise inside. The weather is uncooperative. I have plenty of DVDs to keep me busy. I do long for a bike ride in the sunny weather again one day. And I really enjoyed our hour hike up the dune last Friday. I'd love to do that more often, if only I lived closer!
As for my food, I am going to continue to try to increase my veggie intake. I have planned my menu for next week. Want to see?
Friday: Ground turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, and tossed salad
Saturday: Crock Bean Soup with Kale, salad, and whole grain rolls that I will make
Sunday: (if it is thawed enough) Roasted turkey, green beans, roasted vegetables
Monday: leftovers
Tuesday: Grilled steaks, baked potatoes, and tossed salad (I probably will skip the potatoes)
Wednesday: Baked cod, garlicy spinach, salad, and rice
Thursday: Penne with spinach, homemade sauce, and tossed salad
I enjoyed pouring over my healthier cookbooks looking for menu ideas.
I hope you've had a nice week. If you want to read more about Fit Mommy Friday, please visit, Annie Kate.

Hi Jenn! Yay, yay, yay!!! 25 pounds, that's fantastic! I bet that feels good :-D
ReplyDeleteI need to join in this journey...soon, I hope, I'll be on my way to getting some fitness back. I'm totally out of shape and overweight.
*sigh*
Congrats on doing such a great job, and keep up the good work and keep the prayers going! I'll pray for you tonight, too :-)
Blessings,
Lori
Lori, you are so kind and encouraging! Thank you. I do need the prayers. I am so easily discouraged. I will pray that you get back on track, soon!
DeleteYou are doing so great Jenn! I am in a exercise funk, I have a reason but could still make time. I will TTapp before bed tonight and my treadmill is to be used tomorrow. I got new shoes and everything.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Melissa! I know "funks" are reality. Hopefully, it is not turned into "forever"! Enjoy those new shoes!
DeleteIt sounds great. That is so great about the 25lbs. What is mashed cauliflower? Is that like mashed potatoes? :) lol I didn't do too well with my vegetable intake this week, but there's always next week.
ReplyDeleteMashed cauliflower is divine! I love it! You take a head of cauliflower or similar amount frozen, cook until fork tender. Drain water. Add 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, salt, pepper to taste and then mash with a masher. Oh my! Wow! That's good stuff!
ReplyDeleteYippee! You're doing so great to be down 25 pounds even with that knee injury! Keep on going with the veggies, too. If you're faithful in the little decisions like that, you'll slowly get to your goal.
ReplyDeleteI hate the February doldrums. We all have them one way or another, I suppose. I find that sunlight and lots of sleep help. I've also discovered that chocolate doesn't. Sigh.
Have a great, inspired week. And even if you don't, I know you'll keep on going steadily towards great health.
Annie Kate