Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rehab

Despite not exercising last week, I maintained my weight.  Probably helps that I've been drinking those green smoothies every day.  They fill me up, amazingly so!  I am walking this week.  So far I've logged 4 miles.  On Monday, I walked and my knee felt "funny" afterwards.  I got smart and today when I walked, I took Motrin before and iced it after.  Now it feels fine.  During my exercise, it does feel stiff and a bit of pressure, but no pain.  I think it is on the mend and I am going to walk again on Friday, this time at the park with my friend.  Don't worry, we are walking in the afternoon this time!  No ice expected, but I will be careful.  I also plan to buy some Omega 3 pills tomorrow to help with the inflammation. 

~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well. So you must share, how exactly do you make a green smoothie? I've heard lots about them, just not sure I could drink one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you are able to begin walking again. I have not done much this week. Crazy weird headaches, my nurse friend thinks I might have and upper respitory thing starting, she might be right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.