Friday, April 27, 2012

Fit Mommy Update

It's Friday again.  Time to link up with Annie Kate and others trying to improve their health.


I was hoping that this week I would hit the 35 pounds lost mark.  I kept track of all my eating and even cut back a little here and there, hoping it would make a difference, but no, not this week.  I am stuck, but that's OK.  At least I am not going up!

This week's positives: 
  • I cared for two sick kids and managed to fight off an earache and sore throat myself, although it was just a day or two of mild symptoms for me, probably allergies.  This is a positive because it shows that my body is fighting back!  Normally, I'd get sick this time of the year and my allergies would be out of control. 
  • I cut way back on treats, like dark chocolate squares after dinner. 
  • I read the book above, The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet by Barbara Rolls.  I have to say this book is basically the same old thing in a nice package.  Bottom line, just eat more fruits and vegetables!  Don't get me wrong, it offers nice ideas for adding more vegetables to your diet and if you've never studied this idea in depth, it would be a useful book. 
  • I came up with my three go-to lunches.  I'll be writing about them on Monday.  So far, so good! 
This week's not-so-positives:
  • Exercise is always an area I need to improve.  Although, I did read an encouraging post about failing.  The basic thought is that when a person is trying to make so many changes at once, they are apt to fail because they are trying to make too many too soon.  I really feel as if I have trouble in this area with trying to change too much too soon.  When my exercising is at the "right" level, my eating falls apart, because I am so hungry that I can't stand it and I need snacks.   My weight stalls.  This is just something I am going to have to work through.  And I will.  I will find the right way for me. 
  • No new clothes.  No money.  I am making due.
  • I ate too many white potatoes.  I did eat them in place of a starch/grain, not in addition, but it was still too much.  
Update:  I actually did make it to 35# lost today!  I wrote this post based on yesterday's weight.  Guess I should hop on the scales first!  Hooray!  35 down and counting!  

8 comments:

  1. Yippee for the 35 pounds!

    And yippee for not getting sick. All that healthy stuff you've been doing is paying off!

    I know what you mean about exercising and getting hungrier. I think you have to up your food intake a bit when you exercise, but just make sure it's all healthy food.

    After all, even though you want to lose weight, it's health you're really after, and getting extra muscle (which is heavy) from working out will lead to more weight loss in the long run.

    You're doing awesome!

    And if you need clothes, maybe a thrift store in your area will be having a sale and you can get one new outfit for a few dollars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got to set aside money for clothes! Maybe if we keep everything else to a minimum, we can get at least one set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really OK. Books are more important right now. :-)

      Delete
  3. That is great about the 35lbs, so happy for you. I hope that things continue to go well for you. And I'm the same way, the more I exercise, the more hungry I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I hope you get the extra $ for new clothes soon. Just think how wonderful they will feel. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the loss! That's awesome. I liked her first book and would probably enjoy skimming the newest one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.