Thursday, May 17, 2012
Eating Out
When my kids were really little, going to McDonald's once a week or more was a treat I looked forward to. Really. And it took a long time to break that habit. Even last year, while camping, we would go for ice cream cones because they were cheap. I turned a blind eye to the long ingredients list. Ugh!
Now days, we most likely pack a lunch, but on the rare occasion we eat out, we try to choose a little better.
Yesterday, was one such occasion. I took my daughter to lunch and to our local living history museum. Before we left, we decided on Panera. We hopped on the computer and checked out the menu's calorie page. The hardest part of eating out for me is that the sodium is so high. It is not hard to find food that is in my accepted calorie range, but sodium is impossible, so I just do my best there.
Anyway, we had a delightful lunch and with all the walking we did, I am sure that I did fine with my eating. If I were being totally perfect, I would have asked for my dressing on the side, but hey, a girl has to live once in awhile, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


On the side is overrated.
ReplyDeleteAnd somebody tell that clown to stay away from my kids!
ReplyDeleteLove Jeff's comments, great choice and sometimes you do need a change of pace or a break. I have a long way to go.
ReplyDeleteOh I miss the mommy days at Mc Ds! I certianly did not go for the food!
ReplyDeleteI love that we can check most places on line before we dine. I stick to my diet so much better that way.
BTW that Mc Ds cheeseburger still looks the same. Will do a post soon on it.
Glad you found a place you like to eat and had some fun with Grace.
ReplyDeleteThere are so many blessings to having been very poor most of our married life! One is that McDonald's was only a once or twice a year treat for the kids, so we don't have to 'give up' anything to be healthy.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you can find menu info online and make your plans ahead of time. So smart of you!