In the last 30 or so years, I've been trying to get to a "healthy" weight. Each time before, I tried a different gimmick. I was always trying to get my food to behave, not my mouth!
Even with the popular Weight Watchers program,which I joined twice, I was trying to see how much junk I could get away with with the points I had to use. I'd use my extra points each week to indulge. I'd exercise to get more points so I could indulge more. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that, however, it set me up to fail each and every time I tried a new way to trick myself into eating less.
Something is truly different this time. I see the value in eating whole, real foods. I want a different life. I want a healthy life. I want free of big business' processed food. It repulses me.
Real food tastes amazing. The foods I used to crave are full of chemicals, which is now disgusting. I know too much to eat them, and that makes me really happy!
I know that I have a long, long way to go. I know that real food has calories, too, so I need to be careful. But this time, I am different. My motives are different. My desires are different. And I know that it is just a matter of time!
I am sure that we are all guilty of the things you have spoken of. I have enrolled with weight watchers myself..the important thing is to get healthy before time runs out..
ReplyDeletethank you for continually encouraging myself and others on this journey.
blessings NEll
That is so great to hear. Glad this time is different for you. :)
ReplyDeleteYou have made some great changes, your thinking is right on here!
ReplyDeleteHow about a walk in the park date this Saturday morning?
ReplyDeleteThat's exactly how I felt when I lost my 150 pounds. That time was just different and I knew it! Congratulations - you can do this!
ReplyDeleteI think you've hit on the solution! Good for you.
ReplyDelete