Friday, August 17, 2012

Time for an Update

The past month or two, I've been up and down the same 2 pounds.  Well, today I am happy to report that I've been down those 2 pounds for more than 2 days and when my body does that, it means I am finally on the way down again. 

I have been watching my portions and avoiding sugar as much as possible.  I had another hypoglycemic episode Sunday morning at church, which left me feeling yucky the rest of the day.  I think the problem was from eating a bigger than usual dessert the night before and perhaps being dehydrated from playing disc golf.  Those are the only two things I can think of.  I struggle to figure out how to live with this hypoglycemia and still lose weight.  I have to eat, but I can't eat too much and the balance is a very fine line. 

I've not exercised much this week or since starting school.  I need to get back to it.  The day gets away quickly with schooling, housework, and other things that must be taken care of.  But, it is time to quit using that as an excuse. 


That's about it for now.
Jenn





4 comments:

  1. I hope you can figure out the hypoglycemic. I know that was part of my problem years ago. I would get really light headed if I let myself get too hungry, so I just ate all the time. I over ate, ate when I really wasn't hungry, and now I'm dealing with the extra weight. It is a very fine line of balance and I hope you figure it out for your body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypoglycemia is no joke! Maybe adding a bit of protein and quality fat to each meal will help you. It makes a world of difference for me.

    It's hard to keep everything going once school starts. I'm NOT looking forward to it.

    If you make the kids do phys ed each day, you'll be out there doing it with them and that will bless all of you. I'm hoping to do something like that this year...but I can't keep up with my kids at all. Sigh!

    Take good care of yourself and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about your morning nausea. It could easily be related to low blood sugar. Maybe a high protein/fat snack just before bed, something like an bit of egg salad, some nuts, a few meatballs, etc might help.

    Something else you might want to research: apparently it is very stressful on the body to lose more than 10% of body weight in a year. You've done that and more, so maybe you should just concentrate on exercising and remaining at your current weight for a while rather than trying to lose more. Just a thought after a conversation with a friend who's knowledgable about such things.

    I hope this helps and you soon feel better.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie Kate. You make some very good points to ponder. :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.