![]() |
| Enjoying a splash park after a brisk walk. |
We got outside several times, taking advantage of some cooler mornings. I wish I could report that I rode my bike, but I did not. They are resurfacing the streets in my neighborhood and I don't like to ride on the main roads. Hopefully they will be done soon. At least, I will make an effort to ride this weekend, as they probably won't be working on them then.
As for eating, I have come to the conclusion that I am still eating too much. I look at my little plate piled high and try to convince myself that it is OK. This is where I need to put some effort this coming week. I need to get my portions back in line and I also need to eat my vegetables.
I read an interesting article about a couple recent studies that say weight loss is not exercise dependent, but more dependent on nutrition. It is not to say that exercise is not important. Exercise should be for health, not weight loss. It's very interesting. It makes me think about my own exercising goals. I need to move for enjoyment more and not worry about being so uptight about how I exercise.
I'm still plugging away.... maintaining, but with a little tweaking this week, that might change!

That was an interesting article, but I disagree. Weight loss is dependent upon many factors besides a healthy diet and exercise. What about genetics, body type, and psychology? Also, it is a scientific fact that women are born with more fat storing enzymes than fat releasing enzymes (men are just the opposite). This, coupled with other factors also determines how fast one looses weight. If you are born with more enzymes that store fat, generally speaking, you're going to need to do more work to burn the fat off (e.g., more than just eat healthier).
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm off my soap box now. :) I'm having a problem with over-eating too. Today, I have started learning to monitor my hungry and fullness periods. Hang in there! :)
Great thoughts! I think they will make a difference and also help you to keep up your healthy journey for the rest of your life. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been eating a lot this week too, mostly extra vegetables like sweet corn. (Actually, it's so sweet it should be called candy, not a vegetable!) I don't know if that's good or bad, but I'm not hungry in the evenings and I don't wake up hungry at night, so it must be OK.
We have two thin eaters and two regular eaters. Some kids seem to have more sensitive palates, but at our house they've always been required to eat a bit of everything, as well as a full amount of vegetables. They learn to connect the dots when they feel bad...and that's a great thing.
nice post thanks for sharing i found you thrue other follower..looking for to visit more...blessings
ReplyDeleteI would probably agree with that article. When I stopped 'working out' and just tried to move more, I started loosing some weight. I know for me the portions size is really what I need to work I. I just wrote in my Fit Mommy Friday I'm doing similar to you. I'm putting too much food on my plate the first time through. I have to quit giving myself seconds with my firsts. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with that article. That's what I found to be true for me. As I lost weight and got healthier then I wanted to exercise. I didn't do much in the beginning but now I have a lot of energy so I find doing more is natural. I do think getting outside everyday is very important for stress reduction which helps with weightloss.
ReplyDelete