Friday, September 14, 2012

Weekly Update

It's one step forward, two steps back time again!  I just started feeling better and "that time of the month" hit me hard.  So, I didn't make myself get on my bike or take any walks.  I did go disc golfing.  I'm not going to beat myself up over this.  It was a hard couple of weeks trying to get better.

This is going to be a better week!  I was fortunate to get back to good health and through the hormones.  Time to go forward.  My main goal for this coming week will be to watch the sugar, starches, and try to get moving again.  In fact, when I get done writing this, I am going outside to ride my bike with my daughter.  That will "break the ice."  Tomorrow, I hope to play more disc golf.  I will walk at the park this week, too. 

How did you do this week? 

4 comments:

  1. "That time of the month" usually makes me weaker as well - some months are worse than others. However, I still manage to do some exercise, even if it's at a lower intensity and fewer days during the week. Something is better than nothing at all.

    Keep-up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding steady, no better but really no worse. Glad you are getting moving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're doing great!

    We're not machines to be programmed to doing a certain exercise routine, but living human beings who do the best we can, most days.

    I'm so excited for you, that you lost 47 pounds so far. You are already so much healthier, and you have such a great attitude to exercise. I'm sure you must feel a whole lot better than you used to, too.

    Wishing you a happy, healthy, and active week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you do want a treadmill. I know you’d use it and it would keep you exercising even when the weather is poor.

    We got ours at half price in the summer. Even so it was wildly expensive since we got a very good one that my husband and son (both over 6 feet) will be able to use as well. Right now my husband and daughter use it regularly, so it’s been a good purchase for us, but we’re scrimping to balance the budget after that.

    Perhaps you could find a second hand one on Kijiji or FreeCycle or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.