It's working! My plan to do a little exercise everyday is really working! I have carved out the time to walk every morning after my Bible study time. Last week, I did 15 minutes a day, usually more. This week I'm up to 20. I love my Wii Fit. I do 10 minutes free step and 10 minutes free run while watching a 20 minute show on Netflix! Last week I watched a documentary on chemicals in our homes, 20 minutes at a time. It is as if I am tricking myself into moving, but it works. I can see myself working up to 30 minutes soon. I do sweat, so I go at a good pace.
In addition, Saturday we were able to take a family hike at our favorite park. I'd love to do this all winter. By spring, I'll be ready for the bike and walking outside. Oh, and disc golf, too. For now, I feel as if I have conquered my lazy side! My next project is to make sure I'm eating enough greens. There's always something to work on.
~Jenn ♥
Conquering the lazy side...that's the greatest battle of all, LOL! Good for you, keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Lori
Thank you, Lori!
DeleteYay you!! I am hoping to get back on that treadmill tomorrow morning. Being sick didn't help any.
ReplyDeleteSickness is no joke. Mine set me back to zero as far as moving went. Go slow! You'll get back on track!
DeleteThat is so great. You are doing a great job. But I do wonder, how you watch Netflix while Wii Fit is going? Do you watch it on your computer?
ReplyDeleteJoAnn, perhaps I can do this because we have a Roku? I am able to run both devices on my TV at the same time.
ReplyDeleteNo what I didn't understand was how you could do Wii Fit without watching what they were doing. I was thinking about this this morning when I did my Wii Fit and I looked around and saw what you use on Wii Fit. I never really looked at all that was there, and didn't realize they had a free step and free run that was made to do while watching tv. I tried it this morning and it is fun. Thanks for mentioning it which made me look for it. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I think it was my kids showing me that got my interest in it. I probably would have missed it myself!
DeleteYay! Good for you. It makes such a difference just to get going, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteSo nice that you could go for a hike! We are cold, cold, cold right now. But that's an Ontario January for you.
I scrubbed my kitchen for a bit this morning and cleaned up a mini-flood in the basement. Not formal exercise, but it's strenuous activity for me and I feel like I've been active. :)