"What comes easy won't last. What lasts won't come easy."
-source unknown
Making lasting lifestyle changes is certainly not easy. My default is so engrained, and it's not always helpful. I tried convincing myself that certain foods were unhealthy and something I didn't want to eat, ever. Truth is, I managed to avoid these foods for awhile, but then I would give myself permission to eat "those" foods, which was a slippery slope to overindulgence.
I know what is healthy. But I crave what is not good for me. I always have. It stinks. There isn't much else to say. Each day, I pray, asking for help. I try to make good choices. I have been exercising 5 or 6 days a week. Best thing I can think to do is to just never give up trying.
My fitness motto is "never give up". It's hard work but it's worth it to feel strong and healthy. I'm here with you. I am working hard to get my last 10 pregnancy pounds off which is difficult while nursing a baby. My scale goes up and down a lot each week.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!
That is so true, never give up. It's hard when we are always craving more than we should. As you say, keep praying and working toward your goal.
ReplyDelete