Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Three Weeks


Three weeks!  It is getting easier in some ways, and harder in others, but all in all, I would say it is less effort to eat fewer carbs than three weeks ago. And, I survived my first holiday.  I was hosting, so I was able to control the menu, a plus.  I was not tempted by the rolls, awesome cherry pie made by my mom, candy, or cheese potatoes.  I made adequate substitutions for myself, like loaded cauliflower instead of the potatoes.  I did indulge in coconut flour macaroons made by my daughter.  They were grain free, but had a sweetener.  I also had fruit salad.  I am OK with eating fruit once a day.  It has also not been a problem wanting to eat the kids' Easter candy that is out in front of me all day long.  I know it would not make me feel very good.

Last week, I decided to create a small bike riding goal of 50 miles in 6 weeks.  I am over 30% there.  I decided to make it small because the weather is not always conducive to riding.  For example, today after lunch, we headed out to ride.  We got 2 miles into our ride and it started to rain hard enough that I could not see out of my glasses, so we turned around.  That is OK because we rode extra on Sunday when it was nice.  I am aiming at 3 or more miles a day 5 times a week or no less than 10 if the weather is uncooperative. I really like having that goal set on the MapMyRide app.  I am motivated to ride when I see my progress.

I did not buy a scale.  My daughter says I need a scale that will only let me weigh once a week.  Wouldn't that be neat?  I don't want all the psychological junk that comes with weighing right now.




3 comments:

  1. Yes, that makes sense about the scale. She's a wise girl.

    Good for you for biking so much! Enjoy!

    I've still been walking, but have not had time or energy to do other exercises, and it can really tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing great! And that sounds like such a good goal to have. I agree with no scale, it's to stressful for me. I haven't had one in years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.