It's been two weeks. I am finally feeling great! I have even been able to ride my bike 10 miles this week. As for food, I reintroduced fruit and brown rice. My first apple, an organic honey crisp, was AMAZING. I am only having berries or apples, and only once a day. As for the rice, no more than 1/2 a cup and not very often. I am doing OK with the cravings, which is wonderful. I do not miss bread or potatoes at all. I have found that if I do not have a big salad at least once a day, I am starving. I even tried having my coffee with cream only one morning. I will have to work on that. So, I am still having one stevia packet a day. Otherwise it is lean meats and vegetables for me. I did get some coconut flour, and made some "pancakes" with blueberries for breakfast one day. They were mealy, but a nice change from eggs. I would like to know if I have lost weight, but I don't have a scale at the moment. I will try to get one after Easter. I ran out of discretionary funds.
Hey, if you're feeling great, who needs a scale? I'm sure that by eating this way and feeling great and exercising the weight will go too. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, Annie Kate. It had occurred to me that if I had scales, my focus might shift from health to weight. It would be motivating to know numbers, but it might also distract me from real progress. Thanks!
DeleteNumbers distract me, that's why I haven't owned a scale in years. I go by how I feel and how my cloths fit. But I do have a question, when you say lean meat, what kinds are that and how do you cook them? I'm trying to find some good proteins to have with each meal, but hate to have to do a lot of cooking to have them. Just wondered what you did. :)
ReplyDeleteI mainly eat chicken, lean beef, and some fish, usually cod. I know what you mean about cooking. There's not a lot we can do except to cook extra when we do cook. Sometimes I buy deli meat for my lunch salad. Sorry I'm not much help.
Delete