Thursday, December 3, 2015

Injury Report

A week has passed since my accident with the 20# weight.  For the most part, I think my foot is feeling better.  I have to remember that it will take awhile to heal, the doctor said 2 or 3 weeks.  I try to remind myself that my leg healed in its own time and this will, too.

Thankfully, I am taking the least amount of pain medicine as possible, trying to stay off of it as much as possible, which cuts down on the amount of pain medication required.  I do need to start doing something, so I am planning on concentrating on my upper body, just like I did when I fell off of my bike in September.  I can do quite a lot without putting weight on my foot.  It is time to get started!

All in all, it could be a lot worse. Reflecting on the timing of this injury, pre-Christmas, it has shown me the value in really slowing down, taking the time to think about what is most important, and what can slide this Christmas.  Plus, I have the most incredibly helpful kids in the world.  These are two gifts from this situation.



2 comments:

  1. The looks of it made my foot hurt in sympathy pain. True could have been worse..but was not PTL. That's great the kids are pitching in and your having good spirits bout the whole situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are doing better, but yes, remember to rest. It's so nice that your kids are there to help you. That is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.