Taking a moment to focus on the positives of my forced rest, as sitting gives one a great deal of time to think.
1. I am thankful that in general I am in good health and will be able to resume my healthy pursuits when I am healed. Oh, how thankful!
2. Empathy for others worse off has been explored and deepened. So many others have to live with a permanent disability. I had no idea how being inactive is so painful. Sitting makes you tired all the time.
3. Slowing down during what can be one of the busiest times of the year is amazing. Pressure to have the perfect Christmas is gone. No one expects me to do more than I can manage. Wonderful!
4. Discovering a fight inside, determination to get back to finding ways to be healthy this winter, fearing the loss of momentum. I must do this. I cannot be inactive this winter and expect to hop on my bike and go this spring.
5. Relying on others is not the end of the world. I cannot do everything by myself.
6. Pinterest is awesome for killing time and discovering all kinds of healthy recipes that I cannot wait to try!! I gave in and joined Pinterest. I have been having fun dreaming of things I want to do when I am well.
7. My family is amazingly loving when I most need their extra help. The housework is getting done. The house is decorated for Christmas. Cookies are baked.
That about covers it. Here is an updated picture. I am posting these pictures so that I will remember how long it takes to heal and I just like seeing the progress. I am so thankful that I am indeed making progress! I can put a lot more pressure on my entire foot now. The toes are still painful and it feels best propped up, maybe next week I can work on losing the boot.
Glad you are healing and that is great list. Praying you continue to heal and that you continue to stay active as soon as possible.
ReplyDelete