![]() |
| It was a happy Mother's Day! |
At times, I feel frustrated with my progress into the world of moderation and intuitive eating. This last week I have had a lot of heartburn, which means a couple of things... eating too much and eating the wrong foods. When I am on a strict "diet" the first thing that I notice is that the heartburn goes away.
Besides over-indulgence, my heartburn is also caused by eating the wrong things. I am eating way more white flour these days. It is very hard to moderate cravings after a 6 month fast from wheat and sugar. I have learned that wheat is probably something my body does not tolerate in large quantities. I really need to watch my intake, but then that triggers feelings of restriction, which leads to a binge. The cycle is really hard to manage and leads to emotional condemnation, guilt, and frustration.
Hey, at least I am aware of these issues! The bright side is that each day is a new start, not even each day, each meal! I would love to nourish my body with foods that agree with my makeup and not feel restricted. For me, the idea of having no foods off limit is super challenging when there are real physical reasons not to eat a food. So, I will just have to remain optimistic and work through these challenges and hope that one day I will overcome!

Sounds like you are doing great. We are Gluten Free because of sensitivities to us. I am trying to learn more about intuitive eating too, but I know between GF and IBS there are some things I do better with staying away from. But like you I don't always have the strength or desire to. I know you will find the balance of what works for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, JoAnn. I do hope that I can learn once and for all. Seem like history keeps repeating itself with me!! Since I put two and two together again, my heartburn has been a lot less. I just need to convince myself that I really do not need to eat as much as I think I do.
Delete