Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Summer Goals
Hello, friends of this little blog of mine. Summer is here. That puts an end to some excuses for not being active, haha. I had such great plans to be in tip-top shape (for me) by the time school was out. I did not follow through and there is no real reason. I am always falling off of the proverbial wagon, aren't I? Dust myself off once again, no reason to beat myself up as it will do no good now. I will seize the day!
I have six weeks until our next outing where it is my goal to climb this dune without collapsing when I reach the top. Yes, there are stairs part of the way which helps, so it is a doable goal. Yay. It doesn't look very hard from these pictures, but it is a lot bigger in person. And sand is a challenge!
Another goal is to ride a trial asap. This coming weekend would be nice, but there are other commitments, so it might not happen. That makes the goal a little wishy-washy, unspecific. I need to work on that. Until I can get my bike to a trail, I can ride more often around here with the family. We were on our way out the door this morning and realized that we left our helmets in the other van which was 40 miles away. Oh well. We did go for a nice walk.
Speaking of walking, I need to do that more, too. It uses different muscles and I always feel better on the bike when I am doing more of both. I need new walking shoes, though, so it might not happen as often as I like. The only shoes that work for me are over $100.
I bought a Leslie Sansone stability ball workout DVD. Again, I just need to do it. It is really a good way to keep limber, so I hear. (Cough, cough)
Food!!! Learning moderation is difficult for me. I am trying to stop when satisfied, not full. There is a big difference. I am trying not to be restrictive BUT it is difficult. I want to eat everything that I restricted before and I hate the onslaught of negative feelings that try to take over when I am eating something that I enjoy. Hang in there, Jennifer!
So, these are my ideas to keep on track this summer. Inertia is real. The lure of the couch is, also strong. My resolve must be stronger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.