Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Finally Moving Again
We took our bikes on our spur-of-the-moment one-night camping trip. There we enjoyed the Prairie Duneland Trail for the second time. This time, we started at the trailhead in Chesterton, IN going towards Portage, IN.
I rather like rail-to-trail paths. They are usually shady and well paved. Last year, we went from Portage to Chesterton, only stopping because of a huge tree down in our path. I remember pausing to discuss with our group what we might do, and was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes!!! This time, I sprayed before we left, but there were no issues with bugs.
We also peddled around the Indiana Dunes State Park while we were camping. They are working on the bike paths around the park and have much improved them since I started going there 22 years ago. Now you can safely ride your bike from the park to the Visitor's center on Highway 49. That trail will eventually connect to hundreds of miles of paved paths. One day!
It felt good to be riding. We took it slow. My right knee has been bothering me lately. I have it taped and that helps. It is not enough to stop me, so I am thankful. I actually think the riding will help in the long run.
This week, I need to keep active and build on my success. I plan to do the stability ball DVD today. Tomorrow, I will ride my bike, hopefully, 5 miles. Then, I need to do some walking and more stability ball. I also need to keep on top of the weeds, which does provide an opportunity to move and work outside, something I enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed the biking trails in our area! Keep cycling through the Indiana Dunes; we enjoyed reading your blog.
ReplyDelete~Indiana Dunes Tourism team