Monday, December 5, 2011

This Week's Plan

Last week was about getting better.  I only walked one day and that was a mistake.  I really pushed myself that day and ended up on the couch that afternoon.  I now believe it when they say not to exercise with vigor when you have a chest cold.  Live and learn.

But, this is a new week!  And I feel back to good health, thank the Lord.

Here is my plan (May change if weather doesn't cooperate.  If that happens, I will substitute a Leslie Sansone DVD):

Monday:  walk for 40 minutes at the community center with a good friend while kids have gym class.

Tuesday:  walk 40 minutes or more at local park with another good friend (friends are lining up to walk with me  *smile*)

Wednesday:  weights

Thursday:  walk at the same park with same friend

Friday:  weights

Saturday:  walk at same park with husband and kids

Sunday:  day of rest

As for eating, I will continue to eat when hungry and stop before full.  I have a catered party to attend this coming Saturday.  I am going to get a chance to test my resolve to listen to my body and not over-indulge.

PS  One of my fitness goals for the new year is to take a group fitness class at the community center.  I have thought about taking one for awhile.  I brought home a sheet today with the schedule and will see if I can carry through. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good plan, glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. I hope it all works out for you. A little too chilly here to go walking this morning. Woke up to zero degrees outside. This is when I wish I had a treadmill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to see if you managed to do all that walking! I'm walking again too, after overdoing it all those weeks ago. It's great to be active again!

    Annie Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me an encouraging note. Check back here if you ask a question. I'll do my best to reply as soon as I am able.